Acceptance into the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board International Student Program and subsequent placement in a school will be determined by:
- The student’s educational background and present academic standing as indicated on their transcripts.
- The availability of space in the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board International Student Programs. Early enrolment is recommended.
Application Form Instructions
- The Application Form must be completed in English.
- Canadian Custodian Information
When a student under the age of 18 begins school, they are required to name a responsible adult custodian with whom he/she must live. The Custodian will take responsibility for the student and will ensure that his/her accommodations and other living expenses such as food, clothing and transportation are provided. The Custodian must be over 19 years of age and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
All International Students under the age of 18 are required to submit the following two notarized documents with their school fees payment:
- A Custodianship Declaration completed by the parent in the country of origin, stating that arrangements have been made for a custodian to act in the place of the parent. This document must be notarized in the country of origin.
- A Custodian Declaration completed by the Canadian citizen or permanent resident over the age of 19 years, stating that arrangements have been made by the custodian to act in place of a parent in times of emergency as when medical or other intervention is required. This document must be notarized in Canada.
Custodian Declaration forms are available from the Immigration and Citizenship Canada website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/custodian-parent.pdf
NOTE: The student must reside with the Canadian custodian. Should circumstances change, the Board must be notified within 48 hours and new custodial documents may be required. If the custodian does not meet his/her obligations, the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board has the right to withdraw the student without refund.