We are pleased to share information and resources for families for children on their way to or already in Kindergarten. The global pandemic has impacted many and changed the way we are able to welcome the newest members of our Catholic education community. Please review the information on this page, including our Welcome to Kindergarten videos and our Guide for Parents, to help you and your child transition.
- Welcome to Kindergarten at the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board – PowerPoint Presentation or MP4 Video.
- Welcome to French Immersion (FI) Kindergarten at the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board – PowerPoint Presentation.
- Ready To Learn – Catholic Elementary School Guide for Parents 2022-23
EarlyON Child and Family Centre Resources
EarlyON centres offer free drop-in programs in Brantford and Brant County and Haldimand and Norfolk Counties for caregivers and children from birth to 6 years old. You can learn and play with your child, meet people, and get advice.
- Reading, storytelling, songs, games and more
- Advice from professionals trained in early childhood development
- Connect with other families and young children
- Learn about other family’s services in the community
- Indigenous Lead programs and activities
- EarlyON Child and Family Centre – Resources for Families Preparing for Kindergarten
- Find EarlyON on Facebook and YouTube.
COVID-19 and Hygiene Resources
For the most current, and up to date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), contact your local Health Unit.
- Brantford and County of Brant: Brant County Health Unit
- Haldimand and Norfolk: Haldimand Norfolk Health Unit
- Caring for Myself, Caring for Others Video
- Coughing Social Narrative
- Sneezing and Coughing Safely Video
Ministry of Education Resources
- Educators Working Together
- Full Day Kindergarten Information
- Healthy Schools: Ministry Foundations for a Healthy School
- Play Based Learning Program
- Supporting your child’s success in French Immersion and Extended French Elementary
Kindergarten Curriculum Documents
- The Kindergarten Program
- Growing Success – The Kindergarten Addendum: Assessment, Evaluation, and Reporting in Ontario Schools, 2016
- Ontario Catholic School Kindergarten Program
- Understanding Your Child’s Kindergarten Reports
Preparing Your Child for Kindergarten
Helpful Parent Resources
- About Kids Health – Toilet Training
- Before and After School Child Care
- Caring for Kids – Toilet Learning
- EyeSee EyeLearn Program
- It’s time for School – Social Story
- Learning to Play and Playing to Learn: What Families Can Do
- Looksee Checklist for Parents – FREE
- Nurturing Hope in Kindergarten
- Play and Learn Web Resource
- Preparing Your Child for Kindergarten and Supporting Learning at Home
- Preschool Speech and Language Program and Developmental Milestones
- Ready To Ride a Bus – Student Transportation
- Self-Reg for Parents Infosheet
- Time for School – A Back to School Social Story