International and Indigenous Languages
Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board is committed to the delivery of a successful International and Indigenous Languages Elementary Program. IILE is an important educational experience and opportunity for ALL elementary students.
BHNCDSB Continuing Education welcomes all interested elementary school learners from Kindergarten to Grade 8 to register for a language class. Classess run from November 7, 2022 (tentative) to June 2, 2023 (tentative) and are held in the evenings. Please note that the current schedule is tentative since classes will only be held if there is sufficient enrollment.
Our VIRTUAL elementary language classes include a continuous intake so if you miss some initial classes, no worries, you can join at any time!
- Mandarin (Tuesdays – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. JK-8) via Virtual
- Spanish (Tuesdays – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Gr’s JK-2) via Virtual – CLASS A
- Spanish (Tuesdays – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Gr.’s 3-5) via Virtual – REACHED CAPACITY – WAIT LIST ONLY
- Spanish (Tuesdays – 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Gr.’s 6-8) via Virtual
- Spanish (Wednesdays – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Gr.’s JK-2) via Virtual – CLASS B
- Tagalog (Thursdays – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. JK-8) via Virtual
Additional languages may be added in the coming months pending instructor availability.
IILE is Funded by the Ministry of Education.
For more information or assistance registering, please contact the Site Supervisor, Anna Henrique.
BHNCDSB Continuing Education Services – International and Indigenous Languages, Elementary
St. Mary Catholic Learning Centre
455 Colborne Street, Brantford