Grade 9 Registration Process for NON-BHNCDSB Grade 8 Students
Are you a Grade 8 BHNCDSB student? If so, visit our Grade 9 Registration Process for BHNCDSB Grade 8 Students webpage.
If you are new to BHNCDSB, welcome to our Catholic school community and for taking the first step to becoming a Catholic School Graduate! Registering is simple using our easy-to-use online registration system!
Registration opens January 9, 2023 for the 2023-24 school year. If you are joining us before September, 2023, please reach out to your home school for directions and a hyperlink to our current school year registration tool.
What you need to register
Before you register, there are a few items you will need. Please collect and prepare to upload, in electronic format (.pdf, .jpg, .png) the following:
- Proof of Home Address (Utility Statement, Purchase/Rental/Lease Agreement, Bank Document). A Driver’s License cannot be used as proof of address.
- Child’s Proof of Age and Legal Name (Birth Certificate, Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Record of Landing)
- Confirmation of Date of Entry into Canada, if applicable, and if the date is within the previous four school years. (Permanent Resident Card, Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence).
There are also forms that are part of the online student registration process that you will complete. These include:
- Application for Direction of School Support and Catholic School Support Lease (if applicable) – for eligible Catholic ratepayers.
- Students with Prevalent Medical Conditions (if required).
- Student Acceptable Use of Computer Technology
- Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information Consent
- Legal Guardianship/Custody Orders/Court Documents (if applicable)
*If you are an Out of Boundary applicant (meaning that there is another Catholic secondary school closer to your home), you are required to fill out an Out of Boundary form during the registration process. Registration is dependent on the outcome of the Out of Boundary application.
How to register
- First, create an account with us. This is your parent portal account.
- Next, register your NON-BHNCDSB grade 8 student (add information, upload documents, complete forms)
Create a Parent Portal Account and Register Now!
What is the next step after I register?
After you have completed the registration process using our online registration system, you will be emailed a course selection sheet. Please complete your course selections and email the document back to the school. You will receive course selection confirmation when you pick up your timetable in August.
For more information, visit your secondary school website:
- Holy Trinity Catholic High School (Simcoe) HT
- Assumption College School (West Brantford) ACS
- St. John’s College Schools (North Brantford) SJC
- St. Mary’s Catholic Learning Centre (Brantford – Alternative Education Centre – Elementary and Secondary).
Resources for Families
Welcome to our Catholic Community – Secondary Guide
Home School Locator
Dual Credit Programs
School Within a College (SWAC)
Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM)
St. Mary Catholic Learning Centre Programs
Support for Multilingual Learners
The Grade Nine De-Streamed Program
Online Learning Graduation Requirement
Direction of Tax Support