UPDATE: COVID-19: Community Use of Schools Protocol
Beginning on Monday, March 14, 2022, the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board will reduce some restrictions and enhanced protocols for Community Use of Schools.
The updates for user groups are as follows:
- Proof of vaccination is not required by the Board; however, the permit holder has the right to decide that if proof of vaccination is still required for their user group.
- Two spectators for each participant will be permitted inside the school facility during the rental period. Spectators must stay within the gymnasium and cannot be wandering the hallways.
- Beginning on Monday, March 21, 2022, face coverings are no longer required, but optional.
- Before entering the facility, participants, spectators, coaches, etc. should complete the Provincial Self-Assessment to ensure they are symptom free. Never enter a Board facility if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
- At this time, Board facilities will be available for rental between 6:30pm – 9:30pm on weeknights, for Non-Profit Youth programs only. There will be no daytime or weekend permits allowed at this time.
- Only gymnasiums and outdoor spaces will be available for rental. Changerooms will not be available for user groups.
- A rental space will only be available to one group per night.
- Use only the entry point and exit door outlined on the permit or indicated by the caretaker.
- Upon entry and exit, each person shall use hand sanitizer.
- For each booking, organizations must appoint a Supervisor, or designated adult who is at least 18 years of age. The Supervisor or designate must:
- Complete the BHNCDSB – Community Use of Schools Booking Check in Attestation via E-Base, upon entry to the facility for each booking.
- Meet the Caretaker no more than 15 minutes prior to the permit start time at the designated entry door (typically the main entrance of the building). Doors will remain locked at all times.
- Encourage participants to bring and use their own equipment. Use of school equipment other than volleyball standards, chairs, tables, score clocks, and basketball nets will not be allowed.
- Be onsite for the duration of all permits.
The Board reserves the right, to deny access or future permits to any organization who does not adhere to the above COVID-19 guidelines or to other permit terms and conditions. In these circumstances, organizations will not be issued any refund.