Availability and Priority Use
During the school year (September to June), our indoor school facilities are generally available Monday to Friday from 6:00pm-10:00pm (elementary facilitates are generally available starting at 6:30pm). Weekend rentals are generally available between the hours of 8:00am-10:00pm, providing custodial coverage is available.
Summer rentals are limited to weekdays, between 7:00am-3:00pm (no evenings/weekends), providing there is custodial coverage available.
Our schools are not available due to cleaning/maintenance and other requirements during:
- Last two (2) weeks of August
- Beginning of September (up to the first Monday following Labour Day)
- Christmas and March break
- Professional Activity days
- Statutory Holidays
Permits are canceled when schools have been closed during the day due to inclement weather or for any other reason beyond the control of the school board.
School facilities can be rented for a wide range of community-based activities and programs that help to build strong and healthy communities such as; homework help programs, reading clubs, new parent classes, sports and recreation, health & wellness programs, Scout/Guide/Cadet club meetings, community theatre etc.
- School facilities shall not be used in any manner contrary to the Ministry of Education or Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board’s Rules and Regulations.
- Schools are not available for private functions such as team parties, dances, receptions, birthday parties, funerals, memorial services, weddings, anniversaries, baby showers or other privately sponsored activities.
- Schools may not be rented for activities that may damage facilities such as, but not limited to: gym use for lacrosse, cricket, roller skating/derby, baseball, football, tennis, golf, dodge ball, floor/ball hockey, fireworks, dunk tanks.
- Schools may not be used for sleeping accommodation except in unusual circumstances and contingent upon the necessary approvals
Priority of Use
The primary use of school facilities, building and grounds, is for the delivery of education to students. School day activities, extra-curricular activities and parent involvement activities organized or administered by the school/board have priority of use of space during and after regular school hours.
Applications are NOT approved solely on a first-come, first-serve basis. When rentable spaces are required, outside regular school hours, for school/board programs and rental groups desire the same time fame and the same location, bookings will be based on the following priority:
- Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board
- Historical Groups
- Municipal Direct Programs governed through Joint Use of Facilities Agreements
- Affiliated Groups identified through Joint Use of Facilities Agreements
As school boards, our primary goal is to, whenever possible, provide access to not-for-profit organizations running programs for local youth.