Education Development Charges
Education Development Charges (EDCs) are used by school boards to fund site acquisition and other site related costs to accommodate students from new residential development. Residential and non-residential development in the City of Brantford and County of Brant are subject to both EDCs. The local municipality collects EDCs on behalf of school boards at the time of building permit issuance.
The Board currently does not have an EDC by-law for Haldimand or Norfolk Counties.
2021 EDC By-Law Amendment (City of Brantford and County of Brant)
The Education Development Charges (EDC) 2018 By-law amendment was approved on November 23, 2021. The Board amended their EDC on residential development to the following amounts per dwelling unit for the periods set out below:
- November 28, 2021 to October 20, 2022 – $1,212.00
- October 21, 2021 to October 20, 2023 – $1,408.00
- Notice of Intention to Amend 2018-AC EDC By-Law 2021
- City of Brantford/County of Brant EDC Proposed Amendment 2021
- EDC By-Law No 2018-A3 Amendment By-Law 2021
2018 EDC By-law (City of Brantford and County of Brant)
The Education Development Charges (EDC) 2018 by-law was approved on October 18, 2018 and came into force on October 23, 2018. The 2018 EDC by-law expires on October 22, 2023.
- 2018 Education Development Charge By-Law No. 2018-A3
- EDC Background Study (August 24, 2018)
- EDC Policy Review Report (August 31, 2018)
- Notice of Public Meetings
- EDC Passage Meeting (October 16, 2018)
- Notice of Passing of EDC By-Law No. 2018-A3